Allosaurus Sandtray Miniature for Play Therapy
Though not quite as popular as Tyrannosaurus Rex, Allosaurus was just as fierce This Jurassic Predator had razor sharp claws and teeth to help it hunt down prey that included Stegosaurus.
- Scientific Name: means (Different Lizard)
- Characteristics: This Allosaurus figure is sculpted showing its teeth and a dynamic walking stance, mouth agape. Its tail is raised high for balance . It features the dinosaur’s characteristic crests above its eyes, as well as its three-clawed hands.
- Size and Color: This hand-painted Allosaurus figure is nine inches long and three inches tall. It’s about the size of a soda bottle. The Allosaurus is painted dark green above and white below, with a wave-like line dividing the dark and light. It also features dark brown lower legs and hands, and red crests above the eyes.
- The Allosaurus is part of play therapy outlets sandtray miniature Prehistoric World collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free
Allosaurus was an apex predator during the late Jurassic Period, around 150 million years ago. During the “Bone Wars” of the late 1800s, early paleontologists were rushing to name as many species as possible, and so many early Allosaurus fossils were originally named something else. The eventual name that stuck, which means “different lizard” referred to the animal’s neck and back bones, which were unlike any other dinosaur known at the time.
- Size in cm: 24.5 L x 6.5 W x 8.5 H
- Size in inches: 9.65 L x 2.56 W x 3.35 H
- UPC: 095866003494